Thursday 22 December 2011

Retro(ish) Arrivals: Toy Story 3 [PS2], NBA 2K12 [PS2] and Counter Strike: Source + Beta [PC - Steam]

Remember how I mentioned that I discovered 2 new(ish) PS2 games? Probably not because I didn't share it on Facebook like I do with every other post, but I did and I ordered both, both of them arrived today.

It's pointless trying to create tension and build up to what they are, because they're in the title of this article, so I'll just go straight to them.

The first game is Toy Story 3, I had no idea this was released on the PS2! Well, I kind of did, I looked it up in Wikipedia, but there, it only mentioned a US release date, and I looked up on the UK Amazon to confirm that it's an American only release, and it didn't appear on Amazon UK, but it did the US site, that got me kind of mad, I loved the film, and I loved the games for the first 2 films, so of course, I wanted to get the game to see how it compared.

After a little research out of boredom, I discovered that there was a UK release, of course I was chuffed, not I can get the game and play it.

If you don't believe me, here's a couple of photo of the game for proof:



It's still sealed, which is why I didn't take any photos of the inside of the case, and I'm not going to open it just to take a photo, I'll open it when I'm about to play it.

The second game is NBA 2K12, the story to how I found out about this is also kind of interesting. I was on Yahoo Answers, looking up PS2-related questions to answer, and I kept seeing questions about NBA 2K12 on PS2, because it was basketball, an mostly-American sport, I assumed only the PS3 and Xbox 360 version would make it over here like the MLB 2K games.

I looked it up anyway, and I found out that the PS2 NBA2K12 was available here, again, I was kind of exited, another new game for the PS2! Like I said before, it's my aim to get every PS2 game released since the start of 2011 and beyond to help keep the PS2 alive, stick the finger up at the next gen devices, the I-pod Touch, the 3DS, the PS3 and Xbox 360, all of those modern platforms, because I don't need them, as they still make games for the PS2! You could call me a rebel of sorts.

Anyway, that also arrived today, again, it's sealed, and I'm not willing to open it just for a photo, here're photos of the case anyway:



That was all I got though, yesterday, my cousin, Steven. got a free game from a sale on Steam, Counter Strike: Source, but since he already had it, he asked if I wanted it as a gift, of course, I accepted!

So that's me got Counter Strike: Source, I've always wanted it! Now I have it plus the Beta for some reason, but who cares, it's kind of 2 games for the price of 1, which was nothing!

Now if you'll excuse me, it's killing me not playing these games because I'm writing this article, I'll be off to play these (hopefully) awesome games!

No comments:

Post a Comment