Friday 29 November 2013

Retro Modern Pick-Ups: Black Friday Madness!

Today was Black Friday, as I'm sure we are all aware. What exactly is Black Friday? I hear many asking. Well, apparently, it's a holiday where many stores have discounts and sales. I only heard about it 2 years ago, and I had no idea what it, or the fuss, was about. Until now.

GAME was one of those stores, they had a great deal on a Wii U game I wanted: Rayman Legends, they had it, brand new, for only £15! The deal was only available for an hour, so I quickly got the bus, and went into game to pick it up, and the place was packed! The line went all the way to the entrance! There was no room to grab the game, since the line covered the Nintendo section of the store, so I had to stand in the queue and get it on the way there, while I was there, I found another game, Ninja Gaiden 3, for, yet again, only £15 brand new, so I thought "What the hell!", and got that as well!

I wanted to get Call of Duty ghosts as well, but GAME never had it, even when I specifically asked if they had it, the cashier who served me didn't even know of any other store selling the Wii U version! Shocking! It's no Wonder the Wii U version is selling poorly! You need to sell it, Activision! You can't just expect sales without any effort on your part! Maybe they wanted it to sell poorly, to give them an excuse to not develop for (or rather publish to) the Wii U...

HMV had the Wii U version for sale, though, for £50... f*ck that!

I also got a game in Tesco, I got Wii Party U, with a free Wiimote, for £30, £4 off... okay that wasn't a great deal, but do you know what was great? The game itself!

A wee problem arose, I wanted the white wii-mote package (Nothing against blacks, honest! I already had a black wii-mote, I wanted to distinguish, that's all), but Tesco only had the black one, the website, which I checked before going to Tesco, never had the game listed at all!, so I asked one of the staff about it, their database never specified the wii-mote colour, and checked the back to see if there was any, there wasn't, they tried contacting another store that I can go to to see if they had any, no dice! So I guess I was stuck with the black wii-mote, oh well.

Rayman Legends was pretty good, Ninja Gaiden 3 was great! Wii Party U was awesome! I had a game of Wii Party U with my brother, and we had a lot of fun with it! It's not a good as Mario Party, because it's more based on luck than skill, but it was great fun, I wouldn't say it was worth £30, though, I would wait until it reduces, if it ever does, this is Nintendo we're talking about... Well, I guess the free wii-mote helps justify the price...



Amazon had some great deals as well, they had 007 Legends for £9 and ZombiU for £15, and I thought I might as well get Call of Duty Ghosts as well, even though that was £45...

So overall, I think it's been a good day today, I think I'm going to enjoy these Black Fridays!

No comments:

Post a Comment