Monday 10 September 2012

Retro Pick-ups: A whole bunch of stuff

I was a G-Force after college today (No surprises there.), and I bought 3 Sega Saturn games, Sega Worldwide Soccer 97 and 98, and Virtua Fighter (1).

I saw a model 1 Mega Drive with a Mega CD attachment, it had no price tag, so I asked at the counter how much it was, and she said if it works (they had yet to test it), they said it might be £60 for both, which sounds really good. I liked it up on ebay, and to buy model 1 Mega CDs on their own on eBay costs £240! I'm getting that Mega CD out of G-Force as soon as I can! I know the guys won't be interested in getting it before me, I trust you guys, but you're wanting it, I'm not overly fussed, the race will be on!

I came home to be greeted by 2 parcels! One that looked like one that a strategy guide book would go in, and the other was actually pretty big, but it had Japanese writing on it, so I knew exactly what that was!

The guide was the Sleeping Dogs strategy guide that I ordered alongside the game, I only do that to games I really want.

The game was Digimon Tamers Battle Spirit 1.5 for the Wonderswan Colour, the box was actually taller than a Black & White Wonderswan game, it was actually the size I initially expected them to be, the rest of the box was just paper and bubble wrap, it seems the Japanese aren't big fans of the environment.

I've played Battle Spirit, and it's brilliant, even better than I hoped! Visually, it looks amazing, just like a GBA game!

I've yet to try out the Sega Saturn games, so if you'll excuse me... I'm going to play Sleeping Dogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment