Sunday 2 September 2012

Retry Diary - 2/9/12 - "CobrbDB! My arch nemises!"

Monday 27th August 2012

YES!!!! For years, I wanted this handheld system called the "Wonderswan", or more specifically, the "Swan Crystal", because that's the last in the line of Wonderswans, so I can play all wonderswan games, that and it has the clearest and best screen.

I ordered (Kaze no) Klonoa: Moonlight Museum for the Wonderswan a few days ago, I forgot exactly when, because I am a huge fan of Klonoa, and this game was rarely comes by, but I found an item on eBay, and got it, despite not having a Wonderswan, that is until now.
I saw a Swan Crystal in eBay yesterday, in that "Crystal Blue" colour I wanted, it was £50, so I made an offer yesterday of £40, and they accepted!

Like I said, I wanted a Swan Crystal for years, but never found one until now, I guess it's true when they say good things come to those who wait...

Wednesday 29th August 2012

Nothing of note really happened on Tuesday, so I'm skipping to Wednesday.

My and my brother played a few games (or "Duels" as the game calls it) of Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock, 4 games to be exact, and I lost all 4, 2 of the games my brother went on medium while I went on easy, he still beat me...

I tried out both the Driver and Dri3r demos on PC, Driver 1 ran great, even on high settings, although coming from a 13 year old game (Jeez! Is it that old!?), I didn't expect any less!

Before I get to the Driv3r PC demo, I have and played the PS2 version, and also played the Xbox version, the PS2 version had a choppy framerate it ran awful! The Xbox version ran more-a-less the same from recollection, maybe a bit better.

I was worried that perhaps this was one of those games that ran at this same framerate regardless of the hardware you're using or what your settings are, like Reservoir Dogs or 007 Quantum of Solace.

Luckily, it wasn't, and it ran beautifully on PC, bye bye Choppiness!

Friday 31st August 2012

I think I have become addicted to GTA IV, because I've noticed that that's all I've been playing, and according to Raptr, when I play it, every time it's for at least 2 hours straight! Who cares, though, it's a great game!

I am officially done with Nightfire for the PC, not because I've completed it, but because for some reason, at this one level (Elevator Action), it's become so buggy and laggy, that's it's unplayable, seriously! I don't even know how they managed that, since it's all the same engine, it should stay the same for the whole game, but apparently not.

Before this level, it was functional, maybe boring at some parts, and the levels drag on, but it was fine.
However, once I reached this level, it was full of bugs!

For starters, it didn't auto-save once the level started, like the other levels, which was strange, but that's only the icing on the cake. Sometimes I couldn't move, the mouse lags, the aiming sometimes lags, and what I mean by that is that it constantly switched from zoomed in to normal, the camera does a similar thing, for one frame or so aims the opposite direction, some enemies at some times are you can't kill, even if they're in a wide open space, not behind anything, and you're pumping mountains of bullets into them.
Worst of all, and I know this for a fact that's it's unbeatable, there was a part I was stuck at for ages, I consulted the trusty Strategy Guide, and it said I was to use the grappling hook, but guess what... you have no grappling hook! I read back to see if I missed a part where I was to get it, but nope, it didn't mention it until that point...

That's f*cked up! Did EA even play test this level!? Probably not, because hiring play testers would've involved EA spending money...

There are even several patches to the game, but none of them bothered to fix this problem!

Like I said, the rest of the game is fine, so why suddenly now does it glitch out on me.

Saturday 1st September 2012

My Klonoa: Moonlight Museum game arrived today!

Since it was from America, it came in one of those US parcels, I thought it looked cool, since we obviously don't get them here in Scotland. So I took a photo, here it is:


One thing I have to say about the game, or rather the box itself is.... it's tiny! I expected the box to be a taller version of the Game Boy and Game Boy Colour boxes! Here's a size comparison:


See what I mean?

Unfortunately, I still haven't got my Wonderswan (otherwise I would've mentioned.), so I can't try it out...

Sunday 2nd September 2012

I decided to bring the N64 over the Dreamcast (I was struggling to choose between the two) to gran's this week.

I was going to show my cousins my Wonderswan, but it hadn't arrived, but as mentioned earlier, a game I ordered alongside it did, so I just brought that and showed them that.

I mentioned also about the US parcel, and me and Gaincarlo had a little interesting conversation about, you could say, Exotic parcels? Well, he mentioned he ordered a Zelda: Minish cap off of eBay, and the seller was from Hong Kong, so his parcel was has a lot of Cantonese writing. I kind of hope my Wonderswan will come in a parcel that's got Japanese writing on it, being that it's from Japan, it probably will.

I played a mission on Mission Impossible.

Then me and Steven played WWF Attitude, had a few games, funny to play as always.

Then we played Goldenwhy! (Goldeneye), we had 2 games of that, I won 1, and he won the other.

Then Giancarlo joined in to play Perfect Dark with us, we had a few games of this, I was played a guard with Shigeru Miyamoto's head! Steven took the alias as "CobrbDB" referencing a typo I once made in a game, although I forgot which, maybe Steven could tell me... Throughout the time we were playing, he got the most kills, so I declared CobrbDB as my nemesis!

Then me and Steven played Riiiiiidge Racer 64, then after a few races, Giancarlo joined in.

Then me and Steven played Tony Hawk's Skateboarding for the N64, we had a game of horse! Instead of horse, though, it was "EQUSFEZAA"! I won the match, but he did manage to get a letter or two out of me, and he said that was enough for him! Fair enough, it also made the game look less one sided. Even at that, it's 14-5 to me now, the whole thing looks one-sided, and I'll be honest, I don't like that, I hope Steven steps up his game and gets himself a few wins, maybe we'll play the games he's good at...

Then finally, we played the Pokémon Stadium mini games, it was first to 5 wins, and he won...


That's it for this week, next week we're back on schedule, it's PS2 week!

Article By: Cobra!
Help Provided by: Steven (CobrbDB)

No comments:

Post a Comment