Sunday 13 November 2011

Retro Diary - 13/11/11 - Prepare to cry, FIFA fanboys...

Dear Diary, and yes, I am going to be adding this every week for authentic-ness, I guess.

On Monday, we sent off the CD32 back to the seller to get it fixed or replaced, because the disc tray wasn't closing properly, we just received an email from the seller saying he got it on Friday and he replaced the top bit of the console and will be sending it back on Monday.

When we played FIFA 11 on PS3 my brother said, for a joke, "Imagine FIFA 13 being released for the Jaguar! Or even the Saturn!", and then I added, "Or, more importantly, the N-Gage!", you know, having a laugh. Why am I telling you this? I don't know, I guess to just create conversation. Besides, it was unusual for my brother to make a joke like that, that's usually the type of joke I would make.

I've been playing both FIFA 12 and Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 over the week because I had nothing else to do, and also, to decide which is better, because from the little I've played from both, my opinions were more-a-less the same, but I've played enough from both to decide which I think is better.

Believe it or not, contrary to public belief, I actually think Pro Evolution Soccer is better, the controls aren't as stiff as in FIFA, especially when sprinting, and overall just feel better, and the game also has a far better atmosphere than FIFA. Don't get me wrong, FIFA is still very good, but PES is better in my opinion.

As you may already know I went to that charity shop again, and got 6 VHS tapes for £1 and the Matrix Soundtrack for 50p.

What I didn't tell youse, mainly because there was no point, is that on Friday, I got 2 more CDs for £1, the first one is the soundtrack from the Rocky Horror Picture show, I've never seen the film before, but the reason I got the soundtrack is for the Time Warp song! I absolutely love that song! The other CD I got was the Darkness Album "Permission to land", which contained the song "I Believe in a Thing Called Love", which was the song that introduced me to The Darkness, so that was why I bought that.

They both work and I've been listening to both soundtracks.

On Sunday, we went back to Gamecube week.

I played a little bit of Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 until my cousins came, nothing else to say about that except I was still playing for a little bit even after my cousins arrived, I was talking about what I said back up there, and it turns out one of them agreed with me and that he always thought the same, and that people only preferred FIFA just because they have more licensed teams, even though PES has the better gameplay. (In our opinion)

We were playing that game throughout the day where we pretended it was a past year, and we act like anything that appeared after that doesn't exist, or that we just haven't heard of it. This week we pretended it was 2004.

After that, we had a few games of Mario Kart Double Dash and when I say a few, I mean, roughly about 20 races, it felt like it.

After that, we played Mario Party 6, which is always a blast to play! Unfortunately, we didn't expect for it to last as long as we did, we set it for 20 turns, big mistake there, the game lasted I think 2-3 hours or something, after we finished, he turned off and were rushed to get back home because it was late. Despite how long it lasted, it was on hell of a game, we had great fun!

In a nutshell, here're the games we played:
    As usual, in the order we played them:
  • Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4
  • Mario Kart Double Dash
  • Mario Party 6

So yeah, in theory, since it was Xbox 360 last week, due to one of cousins being absent that week, and now it's back to the usual order, it should be PS3 week next week, but my brother, the one with the PS3 wants to save PS3 for after Christmas. So we're skipping to Wii week, and as we all know, the Wii can play Gamecube games...

One last thing, I was getting sick of my little brother always asking me questions about what happened in Pokémon Red, Green, Blue and Yellow, spoiling himself, I know he's young, but he should be playing through the game himself to find out these, it's more rewarding, so I told him to play the game himself, then he said he doesn't have it, so I let him play though my copy of Pokémon Red. At the same time, my younger brother asked me if he could play Mario Bros. Deluxe on my Game Boy Color.

Fancy that, I've got my 6 and 8 year old brothers hooked to Game Boy Color games! I don't know if I should feel happy that they're playing proper games, or guilty, because they should be playing games from their time.

That's it for this weeks entry, again, next week is Wii week see how that turns out.

Cobra!

No comments:

Post a Comment