Sunday 12 August 2012

Retro Diary - 12/8/12 - My birthday week

Monday 6th August 2012

I saw the Dark Knight Rises today, and it was brilliant, it's my favourite film this year, and seeing how brilliant all the other films I've seen that came out this year, it's saying a lot!

I've downloaded the Batman Arkham Asylum Demo today, but at first, it didn't work, but I manually installed a patch for it, and it worked just fine, and I loved the demo, I am without a doubt getting the full game as soon as I can, preferably the Game of The Year Edition!

Tuesday 7th August 2012

I've finished Stranglehold today, and what an epic game it was! As I keep telling you...

Wednesday 8th August 2012

I went to a Basketball summer training camp with my friend, Jamie, or "Midfield Maestro", as he likes to call himself. I'm mentioning this because he's staying with me for 2 nights after that, when we got home, the first thing we did was play FIFA 12 on the PC, the second thing we did... was play more FIFA 12! Then we played PES 2012 on PC. Then FIFA. Then Fronte Del Basket 2, Then FIFA 12, then NBA 2k12, which he somehow beat me at, his big ego never shuts up about it, then FIFA 12, then we watched some videos, and finally, some FIFA 12! Finally, we watched some Fawlty Towers.

Thursday 9th August 2012

Both me and Jamie watched some Spongebob Squarepants, just thought I'd tell you that.

We played FIFA 12 all morning, then one of my old friends came up, it's been years since I've seen him, and he hasn't changed one bit! For this purposes of the blog, and since I don't have permission to use his real name, I'm going to call him "Rydo".

The three of us played FIFA 12 and PES 2012 on PC for most of the day, then my cousins came along, and we played a bunch of games, I forgot the order we played them and we played some of them at the same time, a couple played one, while the rest played another, here's what we played:
  • Metropolis Street Racer [DC]
  • Mashed: Fully Loaded [Xbox]
  • The Sims 3 [PC]
  • Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 [GC]
  • FIFA 12 [PS2 & PC]
  • Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 [PS2 & PC]
  • Tony Hawk's Pro Skater [N-Gage]
I got a lot of Birthday money today! As well as that, my cousin, Giancarlo, gave me a couple of games he got from CEX, I got The Broken Sword Trilogy on PC and From Russia with Love for PS2.

My mum got my birthday cake, she showed it to me, at first, I expected, since I was 18, it would be about some rubbish about beer/alcohol, even though I'll never drink, I hate the idea. However, it turned out it was a cake modelled into a PS1! Brilliant!


Friday 10th August 2012


It's my birthday!!!!!!

My mum said she would give me my "Main" present early, it was a 160GB Ipod Classic! I always wanted one of them! What has it got to do with this blog? Who cares!

I got an Atari Flashback 3, what that is, click here.

I got a whole bunch of games and Sims 3 expansion packs, which are:
  • TimeShift [PC]
  • Grand Theft Auto IV [PC/Games for Windows]
  • Dead Rising 2 [PC/Games for Windows]
  • Strong Bad's Cool game for Attractive People [PC]
  • Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures [PC]
  • Sims 3 World Adventures [PC]
  • Sims 3 Late Night [PC]
  • Sims 3 Generations [PC]

I've been playing them pretty much all day.

Sunday 12th August 2012

Instead of going to grans this week, since she was at England, along with my cousin, Giancarlo and his family, to watch the closing Olympic ceremony, my cousins came to our house for a barbecue, a perfect opportunity to play some games with Steven, and anyone else who might want to play games.

We played some Atari 2600/Flashback 3 games first, Starting with Combat, then Sprint Master, and finally Maze Craze.

Then we played WWE All Stars for the PS2, we played a few games.

Then we played a 10 minute game of Goldeneye for the Nintendo 64, then unfortunately Steven had to go, he wasn't there for long...

Before he left, I gave him a lend of both Stanglehold and Blood Stone 007, since they were DRM-Free (Well, DRM in the anti-used game sense.) and I completed them, he said he had always wanted to play Blood Stone, but was waiting for a Steam sale (All digital gamers are the same!), so I gave him a retail copy to borrow!

Next week we'll be back at grans, instead of doing PS2 week, I'm brining a mystery console, I haven't decided on what it is yet, so as of now, even I don't know what it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment