Wednesday 15 August 2012

Retro Pick-ups: Stuff I got from CEX.

I was spending the day with my friend, as a sort of birthday get together, as his birthday was coming up, while we were out, we went to CEX, which a store that people bring old games, CDs and DVDs and they sell them, my cousin, Giancarlo, goes in there a lot, and says it's a great store, so I went in, and disappointingly, it was mostly PS3 and Xbox 360 games, I managed to find a section that had 6th gen console and PC games, so I browsed around that part for over half an hour.

I got 007 Nightfire on both PC and Gamecube, because I heard that the PC version was cut-down from the console versions, but I wanted to try it anyway, it was only 75p anyway, so why not? The Gamecube version was £1.50.

I also got Reservoir Dogs on the PC for £1.50, I'm a big fan of the film, I have it on DVD, have it's soundtrack ripped to my PC (Turns out my dad used to have it, well, we found it at our old house.), and I always wanted to play the game, now was my chance.

Lastly, I got RC Revenge Pro on the PS2, just because I can!

Nightfire on the Gamecube was brilliant, it got every right, it's not as good as Goldeneye, but it's definitely up there!

The PC version, however, is actually kind of rubbish, they've changed the game completely! The only thing that remained is the story, actually, I'm going to do a new series, where I play through 2 versions of the same game at pretty much the same time, I complete 1 level on one platform, I do the same level on the other, and compare my experiences and I'll explain the differences

Reservoir Dogs was badly optimised and was an extremely shoddy console port, but it's good fun in my opinion, so I'll probably be playing it to the very end.

I've still to play RC Revenge Pro, I want to get and complete the original RC Revenge on the PS1 first.

Anyway here are photos:

No comments:

Post a Comment