Sunday 22 April 2012

Retro Diary - 22/4/12 - "Sta-I mean 'Precioustones'!"

Dear Diary,

This week was for the most part all about the Dreamcast!

Throughout the week, I've been playing through my collection of games, basically testing it to make sure we have no problems this week, and it's been fun, discovering games that I had, but haven't played much of, such as UEFA Dream Soccer, I only played about a minute of that before, now I play it pretty much everyday, I really enjoy it!

On Saturday, I got my copy of Angry Birds Space on PC that I pre-ordered a month or so ago, however, I had a bit of trouble running it, the activation key didn't work, however, after hours of finding no solution, as I was the only person on green god's earth that had the problem, I resorted to reinstalling it to fix the problem, funnily enough, it did the trick!

The game's great, the best in the series by far in my opinion! The other games were to me just mild entertainment, this one is pure addiction!

On Sunday, it was Dreamcast week, and for the first time in ages, I remembered everything this week, and we never had any problems, well, except for the fact that the Dreamcast had too many awesome games! We played so many (and we didn't play them all!) that for the most part I forgot what we played and what order!

Me and my brothers started off the week by playing Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2, we just played round in Free-Skate.

Then I played a bit of Shenmue II, I haven't played it in ages, so I spent most of the time trying to remember what I was supposed to do, and I think I got further in the game, just a bit, as in, the now-I-know-what-to-do kind of bit.

My cousins, Steven and Giancarlo came in, then we played Le Mans 24 Hours, and I was surprised the game maintained it's superb graphics in 3 to 4-player split-screen while still running smooth, I have to say, I'm impressed!

Then we played Quake III Arena, we accidentally made it so that the game was never ending, we only noticed this ten minutes in, I guess time flies, because we, or least I was having a blast!

Then we played some ChuChu Rocket, because you can't Dreamcast week without a game or two if ChuChu Rocket! It was fun as always.

Then we played Sonic Shuffle, The game was pretty much the exact same as Mario party, except replace Coins with rings and Stars with "Precoustones.", the game we played was (thankfully) quicker than the usual Mario Party games, it was fun too, but not as much fun unfortunately...

Then we played NBA Showtime, and I was a little disappointed, because it wasn't as fun as I hoped, my cousins weren't too exited about it either...

Then we played Metropolis Street Racer, in 60hz widescreen mode! Nothing can top that, well, except for 1080p HD, but if you have all the right stuff, the Dreamcast can do that as well!

Then we played Sega Rally 2, we played a couple of games.

Then we played Ready 2 Rumble Boxing, which was, as always, fun as heck to play!

Then we played Mortal Kombat Gold, it was fun, but not as much as usual, I guess NBA Showtime and Sonic Shuffle really made the party die down, because no one except for me seemed as exited as before.

Finally we played Sonic Adventure 2, me and Giancarlo played a race of the go-kart mini game, then me and Steven managed to squeeze in a quick game on the Sonic/Shadow action stages before we had to go.

In short, here's what we played:
  • Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
  • Shenmue II
  • Quake III Arena
  • ChuChu Rocket
  • Sonic Shuffle
  • NBA Showtime: NBA on NBC
  • Metropolis Street Racer
  • Sega Rally Championship 2
  • Ready 2 Rumble Boxing
  • Mortal Kombat Gold
  • Sonic Adventure 2

So we, or at least I had a fun week this week, I wish we could make it a 2-week "week" to play all the games we had to miss out, but we can't.

Next week is PS2 week, I probably won't enjoy it as much as Dreamcast week, but it should still be fun, I mean, in it's massive library spanning 12 years of games, there's gotta be some fun to be had, right?

Cobra!

No comments:

Post a Comment