Sunday 8 April 2012

Retro Diary - 8/4/12 - "No Problem..."

Dear Diary,

I have to say, I actually expected this week, at least when it comes to gaming or anything this blog does, would be extremely quiet, but surprisingly, it's kind of been the complete opposite!

From Wednesday to Friday, I've been to England to see my uncles and aunties that live there, and while I was there, I got Angry Birds, Angry Birds Seasons and Assassins Creed 2 on the PC, the latter of which was surprisingly the cheapest, surprising because it's a much bigger game than the Angry Birds games as you might have guessed, Assassins Creed 2 was only £5, the Angry Birds games were £7 each. That's me got all the Angry Birds collection on the PC, apart from the upcoming Space, but I'll be pre-ordering it soon.

Assassins Creed 2 was what surprised me the most, I already had Angry Birds Rio before I got the first 2, so I expected the same awesome gameplay, which it delivered, but with AC2, I didn't know what to expect, I've spent years dissing the series without trying it, and now I've contradicted myself by getting it, I wasn't disappointed in the slightest, it's a fantastic game, very addicting! However, I can't help but think it's just a medieval Grand Theft Auto...

On Saturday, I went with my cousins to Aberfoyle, and I brought my N-gage with me, but I play it on the way there or there, so I thought it was a waste bringing it, but on the way back, my cousin - Steven - Agreed to play a game of horse on Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, on the N-Gage version of the game, you can play horse with the one N-gage, just take turns, passing it back and forth, which is convenient, because I only have one N-gage and I know no one with one.

Horse of the Week - Part 1:


In this game, instead of "horse", it was JGJMMTJTPJ! I won it, making the current standings 9-2 to me!

On Sunday, it was PS1 week, but this time, unlike every other week where I would ask my cousins if they wanted to play the games, I decided to wait until they either approach it, or they ask if I want to play a game with them, it was to test if they actually do want to play my games, or if they just say yes just to make me happy.

Unfortunately, my other cousin, Giancarlo, couldn't be there, he was in France, I forgot to ask why...

After lunch, Steven approached the PS1, and that kind of put me in a good mood, I thought he would ignore the whole time!

We first played Formula 1 Arcade, we had a couple of games of that.

Horse of the Week - Part 2:


We then played Matt Hoffman's Pro BMX, we had a game of horse, instead of horse, it was KKVUFZZA!

...and I lost, in fact I was annihilated, Steven didn't even get a letter! The standings after that were 9-3

After that defeat, I challenged him to a horse game on Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3, in this game , instead of "horse", it was KKKKCDTDDT!

This time around, it was a little more to my liking, despite my handicap (He's not as good as me.), I was winning by quite a bit, he only had a couple of letters to go.

However, my luck went back to normal: rotten. I had constant little mistakes, like the height dropped was a little too high, or going down a rail backwards, which in this game for some reason mirrors the controls, giving it a higher chance of bailing, and even at one point I bailed for no reason at all! Eventually, he lost, through luck. I suppose he still won, and it kind of balances the standing a bit to be less one-sided: the current standings, speaking of, are 9-4.

After that, I thought I'd gamble a little more, because I refuse to lose! I challenged him to a horse game on Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4, in this game, instead of "horse", it was SCTUVNFNFN!

During the game, we found out that the Let's do this!!! 'curse' was no longer effective, however, we discovered a new one, just when one of Steven's plays started, he said No Problem..., and almost immediately after saying that, he bailed before doing even one trick, exactly how the original curse was discovered...

...and finally, I got a win! At long last! The standings are now 10-4 to me!

Then me and my brother - Riccardo - wanted a game, I ending up winning without getting a letter, but it was his first game, he has much to learn...

Overall, this week, we both got 2 wins each, since it was a tie, the win from my match against my brother now counts, so I win, Steven's the horse of the week!


Then we played a good few races of Firebugs, while talking about various things, Firebugs is one of those games you can casually play while talking to the person you're playing against, so we were talking about a couple of things, including Capcom's incident where they found some Street Fighter X Tekken DLC, which was meant to be released 6 months later, on the disc!

Then we played Carmageddon, we played a few games of that, this game's almost the opposite of Firebugs, the games are quite intense!

Then we, or rather Steven played some Vib Ribbon, we were having a laugh while playing this game! It's hard to explain what the game's about, so I'm not going to bother.

Then we played wipEout 3: Special Edition, Steven kept getting his ship destroyed before completing a lap somehow.

Finally, we played Klonoa Beach Volleyball, we surprisingly enjoyed ourselves, despite it being a volleyball game, a sport neither of us are exactly into...

The list of games we played: (a.k.a. tl;dr)
    In the order we played them
  • Formula One Arcade
  • Mat Hoffman's pro BMX
  • Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
  • Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4
  • Firebugs
  • Carmageddon
  • wipEout 3: Special Edition
  • Klonoa Beach Volleyball

So I surprisingly had a fun week this week, next week is the week of the console that started it all, the Nintendo 64! Fun is guaranteed! A problem-free week isn't...

Article By: Cobra!
Recall help provided by: Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment