Tuesday 19 June 2012

Retro(ish) Arrivals: A few PC games, and a compliation

Over the past week, a few PC games I ordered online have arrived, I just couldn't be bothered posting about it, until now!

I got Peggle and Peggle Nights on PC, I tried out Peggle Extreme and Steam, and really enjoyed it, so I decided to get both games in retail form, because I'm really against digital download games, as I'm sure you're all well aware of by now.

I opened the first one, and have been playing that, but left Peggle Nights sealed, I'm waiting until I complete the first game.



I also got the Doom Collectors Edition, which is a compilation of the 3 classic Doom games, all windows compatible, and "preview content" for Doom 3, I had a bit of trouble installing the game at first, but then I put it in compatibility mode for Windows XP, and it installed and played fine!



Lastly, I got "The Rise and Fall of the MPire", which is a compilation DVD containing all games released my MDickie, when I got it, and mind you, this is meant to be new, the case was damaged , the to of the case was cracked and a big part is practically dangling out, and disc had a few scratches, they must've picked a really sh*tty mail service to save money. The content is fine, it has everything it claimed to.

The compilation was originally a CD until MDickie released a couple of new games, then added them in and made it a DVD, and also added his old DOS and exe versions of his flash games, and even some mods! Despite it now being a DVD, he didn't bother changing the banner at the top, it still says "PC CD-ROM", that's kind of lazy.



Just thought I'd let you know I got these games.. you know what, there's no point doing this, I should only use this feature for retro related stuff I've actually picked up, that's what's the feature was originally for, this is the last "Retro pick-up" that isn't technically a "Retro pick-up".

No comments:

Post a Comment