Monday 23 January 2012

I- sorry, "we" have beaten Sonic the Hedgehog 2!

Finally, the moment has come, one I have been looking forward to since as far as I can remember, a childhood hindrance has been gone away, a lifelong task has been finished, I- sorry we have completed Sonic the Hedgehog 2!

It was almost 2:00 in the morning, my sister, Francesca, was playing all the stages before Living Fortress, saving up a bunch of lives, then I pretty much took over, by the time we reached the Death Egg Zone, We had 38 lives, and 3 continues, totalling to 46 attempts to beat the last boss.

The Metal Sonic boss was a bit annoying, it took me a while to get the pattern down, once I defeated him, this was it, my heart and pulse were racing, they were at the speed of Sonic's legs, I was very shaky with the controller, this was it, this was the end, we were going to beat Sonic the Hedgehog 2 once and for all...

...I died, instead of taking to that boss, I went back to the beginning, so I had to defeat that Metal Sonic again, and by that point it was just a waste of time.

I consumed 31 lives at this stage, I got the patterns of both bosses, my hands wee shaking so much I kept held of the controller, then the image we wanted to see, the final boss destroyed, all of those mini explosions all over him, the farting sound from the Mega Drive, we had done it! We completed Sonic the Hedgehog 2!

This is a moment I will perhaps remember for decades! If I forget, this article will remind me!

No comments:

Post a Comment