Sunday 22 January 2012

Retro Diary - 22/1/12 - "Come here square fists!"

Dear Diary, I totally forgot to write notes for this, so everything written here beyond Monday will be totally out of recall.

On Monday my sister came over to play my Mega Drive, big surprise, eh? However, she, or rather we, I was playing a bit as well, almost completed it, we reached Death Egg Zone, by that point, I was shaking in excitement, my heart rate was going three times it's normal speed, I'd be sweating if I were the type to sweat, this was it, one the first games I've ever played, the game that always got me p*ssed off, the game that I- as a child- played for hours upon hours on end, but never got far, it was time to finally finish off a childhood game, a game that always won, to get past a very large obstacle, to jump over a very high hurdle, I- sorry we, were going to beat Sonic 2 once and for all!... I suck at build-ups...

...and we died, lost all of our lives and continues, bummer...

On Wednesday, I was staying over at a friends house to watch the El Classico, while we were waiting for it to start, we had a few games of FIFA 12 on Xbox 360 and a couple of match of Smackdown vs. Raw 2009 for the same console.

I pretty much lost all of the matches we had of both games, I have no choice but to blame the Xbox 360 controller, I'm usually good at both games on PS2, usually...

After the El Classico, which I enjoyed by the way, we watched The Emperor's New Grove on VHS, then we went to bed.

On Saturday, I got a new TV! Well, not exactly new, my brother had it before, but only since Christmas, so it's still relatively new, and I came across a problem, with the PS1, the the TV takes about a minute to find out what type of picture it uses, so by the time it shows a picture, it's well into the intro or the Press Start screen, it's not a big problem, since it gives off a great picture when it finally shows, but I'd love to get it fixed.

Other than that, I love it! It gives off a great picture to anything connected and I got a HDMI cable for my blu-ray player, and it gives off a great picture, it even does 1080p... but it's only 14-inch, so it doesn't make a massive difference.

On Sunday, it was Nintendo 64 week at grans, I played a fair bit of Turok before my cousin, Steven finished his lunch and then we played a bit of Goldeneye, then we played a bit of Perfect Dark, and to finish off, we played Mario Kart 64. Nothing much happened.

While we were playing Goldeneye and Perfect Dark, we made up playful insults related to the graphics, for example: "Come here square fists!", "Take that Pyramid hands!" and "You can run forever cuboid legs!".
Games we played:
  • Turok
  • 007 Goldeneye
  • Perfect Dark
  • Mario Kart 64

Yeah, nothing much happened from recall. Next week, we'll be Dreamcast week, Chu Chu Rocket!

Article By: Cobra!

Title quote provided by: Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment