Monday 20 February 2012

Retro Diary - 19/2/12 - "Crossbows are the best!"

Dear Diary,

This week was so-so in terms of how busy it was, but the things that happened were great!

On Monday, I was having trouble with my PayPal account, and my mum invited Steven over to fix the problem, after that was done, my brother wanted to help him with Portal 2, after he did that, we decided to play a couple of games.

First we played the game that redefined the fighting genre, the classic Rise of the Robots on the Amiga CD32, to my recollection, I won a match then he won one, then we quit.

Then we played Mashed: Fully Loaded on the Xbox, I lost count on who won and by how many wins, but who cares, it was fun!

I go to College every Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, I'm telling you this because me and my friend always go to McDonald's for lunch on all days, as greedy as it sounds, I can do that and still lose weight, after we eat our McDonald's one day, we had plenty of time before the next class/lecture starts, so we just decided to explore the Toy R Us that was nearby, and we found an Xbox 360 on display and it had Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 demo in it, since then, we always have a match of that after McDonald's.

Also, Toys R Us recently started selling the new Beyblades, it even said you could battle inside, so we went in to where the arena and blades were meant to be, and there was nothing on it, however, my friend looked under it, and found the stuff, they were hiding it, I guess it was to avoid theft, so he pulled it out and put it on the table, and we had a few battles. I'm guessing this will also be on our schedule between lunch and the next class/lecture, I hope so, I loved Beyblade back in the day, and the new Metal Fight ones are fun as well, although they're a bit hard to get the blades on the launcher, they keep falling off.

On Sunday, it was Xbox week at our grans, and I realised we done Gamecube and Xbox in the wrong order, as the Gamecube actually came out after, some retro fan I am!

Anyway,we only really got to play 1 game, which was 007: Nightfire, which was fun as always, but afterwards, we were actually going to the cinema to see the new Muppets Film, which was brilliant by the way.

So because we only got to play one game, we're extending Xbox week to next week, to make up for it.

So yeah, next week is, I guess you could call it Xbox fortnight part 2.

Cobra!

No comments:

Post a Comment