Monday 27 February 2012

Retro Diary - 26/2/12 - Xbox Fortnight Part 2

Dear Diary,

As usual, it was a boring week, not much had happened.

On Thursday, I got FIFA 12 for the PC! Once I popped the game in, one word sprung to mind.. lazy! I won't explain how... I'll show how:

What's wrong with this picture? Here's a clue: I took this screenshot by pressing the print screen key on my keyboard.

That's right, they didn't even bother changing the icons for the PC version, it took me hours to figure out the controls! I'm not kidding, I can't make a joke to save my life!

I'm getting a USB receiver so I can actually use an Xbox 360 controller, you win this time EA...

At our gran's today, it was Xbox fortnight part 2, if you didn't read last week's entry, we extended Xbox week to this week due to the fact that last week, we only got to play one game: 007 Nightfire.

This week, we were pretending it was 2005, although my cousins were constantly flipping out their smart phones, which broke the "illusion".

We were going to start off this week with Mashed: Fully Loaded... but it turned out I forgot to take the disc out of my Xbox, which was at home, so unfortunately, we couldn't play it.

We started off this week's Xbox week with Shrek Super Slam, we had a game, and, well, we weren't exactly having the time of our lives.

Then we played... 007 Nightfire... At first, Steven played a couple of single player levels, then me and Gianni joined in to have a couple of arena multiplayer levels, this time, we were experimenting with different weapon sets, I say experimented, we just set it to random, so we got a different one every time, so we had a few matches of that.

After that, we had a few matches of Timesplitters: Future Perfect, and for the first time probably ever, I actually got a kill in it, happy days! I still lost, but I finally achieved something!

Next, me and Steven played Kelly Slater's Pro Surfer, unfortunately, there was no Horse mode, which sucked, so we just goofed about in normal multiplayer, as he had no idea and I forgot what the controls are.

Next, we played Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3, where then we played Horse, on the Foundry level, and the horse of the week HLKKjjiggY!

Steven started off, and started off strong, he scored 133,000 point combo, which I couldn't beat, so I was the first to get a H.

He continued going strong for a little while, but then seemed to grow weaker as the match went on, it was nevertheless close, alright, not as close as out Matt Hoffman's Pro BMX match we had a couple of weeks before, but it will still great.

For a while, neither of us could landed any combos or set any scores, this went for about 10 minutes, then Steven went "forget this" and just did a kickflip, I responded with a double kickflip I think, then he responded with a Cannonball "over the pipe" "Foundry Gap", which then I responded with double kickflip "over the pipe".

In the end, I ended up getting the big 100,000 point combos, and he was the one bailing trying.

I ended up winning, 7-1 to me, seriously, it's getting a bit one sided, come on, Steven, step up your game! Right now, you're just a HLKKjjiggY!

After that, we had to leave.

Here's a short list of the games we played:
  • Shrek Super Slam
  • 007 Nightfire
  • Timesplitters Future Perfect
  • Kelly Slater's Pro Surfer
  • Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3

After we returned home, me and Steven were talking about a few old games, while we were at gran's that we found a few old PS1 games and a few of them caught my eye, he had a few demo discs and Gran Turismo, he also has a demo disc for Rainbow Six 3 for the PS2, and that triggered a memory of him going on my computer too look up Rainbow Six 2, he said he remembered having one Rainbow Six game at one point, I assumed it was Rainbow Six 2, but as the conversation went one, more details came back and the pieces were put together, and it turned out it was Rainbow Six one he had, it was an interesting conversation in my opinion, and after, we talked a little about good old Dial-Up internet!

I've put the conversation together in an image, and with permission from Steven, I am going to show youse it, with a few blurred out details, like our real/full names, so here you go:

and No, "Cobra" really isn't part of my name, it's just a nickname I put there unfortunately Facebook doesn't allow speech marks in names.

Next week it's Xbox 360 week, I bet my cousin are like "Finally! new games!", not me, I don't like the 360, but hey, I can't have everything I want, can I?

Cobra!

No comments:

Post a Comment