Sunday 6 May 2012

Retro Diary - 6/5/12 - "The REAL Xbox!"

Dead Diary,

On Friday, I got the new FIFA 12 Euro 2012 DLC... Through the Post! Yep, I got a download code in a case, this is actually official, I would've though since EA made Origin, their own digital store, they'd put it there, and only there, knowing them, but surprisingly, they made it also available in physical, no disc, (even though, strangely enough, they left the CD holder, like I said strange, but I'm not complaining...), just a code, which can never be used again, but hey, you can actually hold it, look at the back of the case in excitement, and leave it on your shelf and be proud to have it in your collection, looking at it in admiration, and that, you can't do with digital downloads!

It was Xbox weeks at our grans this Sunday, and no, I don't mean the Xbox 360, I mean the real Xbox, the original and best!

We started off the week by Playing 007 Nightfire, one of the games that made Xbox week, Xbox week. We had fun as always, but this week, there wasn't really anything worth of note. Except for the fact my 8-year old brother played despite being way too young, he also played the next game...

Then we played Timesplitters: Future Perfect, again, we had fun, but nothing of note happened except for... erm... Oh yeah! That's right! I actually won a match!!!

Then we played Mashed, we gave one on our Uncle, as it was recently his birthday, a shot of the game, and after played a few matches, he seem to have got the hang of it, and actually won a match, and then he mentioned that he thinks he's got addicted to the game, I don't blame him, it's Mashed!

Finally, we played Raw 2, we played a quick match, Steven kept punching me, and you can't reverse in this game! Luckily, I finally got a chance to run off, so I did, and got out of the ring, then Steven grabbed one of the steel steps, then I grabbed the other, and we kept going at each other, until eventually he pinned me for the 3...

We were about to play a Tony Hawk game to get our horse of the week, but then we had to go...

The games we played:
  • 007 Nightfire
  • Timesplitters: Future Perfect
  • Mashed: Drive to Survive
  • Raw 2: Ruthless Aggression
Overall, it was a fun week, but it could've been more so.

We haven't decided what to do next week, either we extend Xbox week once more to play more games, or just move on the Gamecube week, find out next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment