Saturday 31 December 2011

My thoughts on 2011.

I thought since 2011 is coming to an end, I thought I'd give my opinion of this year based on my experience, Those who know me in real life would know that I don't usually like the modern years. It's surprisingly mixed this year, very much leaning towards the bad side, but still. I'll explain.

At the start of the year, literally, when it became new year, my cousins were all at our house to celebrate the new year, it's a tradition we have, we either go to our house or our grans. Anyway, my cousins, Steven and Giancarlo were in my room, and I asked them if they wanted to try Goldeneye out, because up until that point, they were practically trying to avoid playing my old games, they even seamed to think less of me because I played old games. However, they said yes this time, so we played a match, and we were having a great time, then Steven said to me "Maybe you could bring this over next time we're at grans, and I could bring extra controllers and games!", I finally convinced them that there was some fun to be had with retro games, and to me, that's a major plus for this year.

Also, another major plus in my opinion is that I finally left my awful high school, and started college! Which I'm very much enjoying!

Also, my collection of games have grown quite a bit, I'd never thought I'd own a Jaguar, let alone a Jaguar CD, or even consider getting a 3DO and a CD32, but here I am, playing all of them practically every day! Although now I'm having a problem with space now.

Another thing, it's a bit minor though, but I've been introduced to the Sam & Max franchise, and it was practically love at first sight, after playing and completing Episode 104, I instantly wanted everything with the Sam & Max name on it, good or bad!

Also, this really isn't a plus or a minus, but it was amazing how we got 5 PS2 games this year, 8 in America! I predict that the PS2 has another year in it left, I mean in march 2012, MLB 2K12 is coming to PS2, and it'll maybe get it's versions of FIFA 13 and PES 2013 (I hope so.), and that'll be it, the PS2's had one heck of a life, and it wasn't until this year that I realised that, long live the PS2!

Now onto the minuses, these are a bit personal, but these outweigh the good of this year, my great gran passed away, she lived until her 90s, so she's lived a good long life.

The more important one, my dad suddenly passed away this year, I suppose it's not all terrible, because they say those who passed away can still visit you in your dreams, and when that happens, it'll fell real, there's a term for this, but I have no idea what it is, but this is has actually happened to me, twice!

2011 Media Summary:

Overall, it's mixed, alot of good has happened this year, but alot of bad has as well

No comments:

Post a Comment