Friday 30 December 2011

Retro Diary - 30/12/11 - Christmas(ish) Special

I haven't been online since Christmas day, well I have, but I've been too busy playing the Sam & Max games to write this, but I decided to take a little break from them to write this. (it was hard to pull myself away from playing them, they're just so awesome!)

I decided originally to forget about writing this, but then I remembered the reason I started this series in the first place, so I can look back and if I forgot exactly what happened in my memories, I can read these entries to remind me exactly what happened.

Anyway, enough blabbering on, let's get started!

Dear Diary,

Despite the tragedy that happened in my family slightly earlier this year, I really enjoyed Christmas this year, I got almost everything I wanted, I say everything I mean I didn't get my Sam & Max DVD boxset and the copy I got of Season 2 was a faulty copy, stupid conmen! Also, the copy I got of wipEout 3 Special edition what the 2 games package which came with that and Destruction Derby 2, which I didn't want, I already had Destruction Derby 2, I didn't want it again!

I managed to get it working if I boot it up a certain, obscure way, but I'm planning on getting a legit, UK version of the game plus the Sam & Max DVD box set and a proper copy of wipEout 3: Special Edition from Amazon.

Anyway, here's what else I got:
  • Laurel and Hardy DVD box-set
  • Gorillaz Compliation Album
  • Sam & Max Hit the Road [PC]
  • Sam & Max - Season One [PC]
  • Sam & Max - The Devil's Playhouse [PC]
  • World Tour Racing [JagCD]
  • wipE'out 6 [N64]
  • wip3out [PS1]
  • Darkseed [CD32]
  • Mashed [Xbox]
  • Mashed: Fully Loaded [Xbox]
  • Motorstorm: Arctic Edge [PS2]
I haven't got the time to take photos of all them, so, obviously, I can't provide photos. I've been mostly playing the Sam & Max games, I've completed Season One, I'm in the middle of Season One, I've still to play Hit the Road and Devil's Playhouse.

Speaking of, I've been hearing that the PC version of Hit the Road doesn't work on XP and Vista PCs, and that you still need DOSbox for them, but I tried the game out without DOS box, and it work perfectly fine, I don't see what everyone's problem is.

Overall, like I said, despite what happened in November, I had a great Christmas!
The same day, we went down the grans for our Christmas dinner, I brought my CD32 and PS2 along, since the main TV was apparently going to be busy, we had to use the other TV in the sitting room, which has dodgy colours, but I suppose it was better than nothing. So me and Steven played a few games of Motorstorm on it, and I showed him Rise of the Robots and how bad it was.

Then my brother and his brother (I still need permission to use their real names) came in with the Xbox 360 and used the main TV, great! Interesting thing though, they were about to play FIFA 12 on it, so I decided to show them that we didn't need their fancy next gen multimedia system, and stuck in FIFA 12 on the PS2 and played that.

I don't remember much else, I do remember having a game of Motorstorm with Giancarlo, but then he had to leave, we left not long after.

The next day, we went there again, but this time, I didn't bring a console, my brother brought his PS3, we had 3 games, before we started, he said to me "I'll show you how to really play FIFA!", and I ended up beating him in 2 of the 3 games, yeah, it seams my way of playing FIFA is the superior way!

After that, he had a few games with out cousins, then we were thinking of doing a local-ish tournament, so far, we only have 6 people in it, we need 8! We're going to work something out though.
Wow, I thought this diary would be longer, oh well.

Cobra!

No comments:

Post a Comment