Sunday 14 August 2011

Retro(ish) Diary - 14/8/11 - "Thank you for flying with unsafe airlines!"

It's time of the week again folks, it's time for another entry into my Retro Diary.

I haven't got much in the way of retro to talk about, so in a way, this is just a filler.

It was Xbox 360 week this week, and it we just pretty much played shooting games, as that was all my cousin had, not that I'm complaining, we had fun. besides, it wasn't his fault, it's the developers fault for just making shooters for the console.

The games we played:
    In the order of when I think we played them
  • Mass Effect
  • Banjo-Tooie
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops
  • Comix Zone
  • Doom
  • Halo Reach (or as we like to call it, "Checkpoint reach", named after the constantly said phrase in the race game mode.)
  • Halo 3 and/or ODST (I forgot which one, I know, I have a terrible memory.)
  • Perfect Dark
 I didn't really play the first 2 games, or the 4th one, I just watch my cousin play them, but we played the others, and had a great time, in Halo 3, I managed to jam a scorpion into an elephant in forge mode (ok, that sounded wrong), and then I lifted it up with my brother and cousin in them, in fact, one of them was driving! Then the elephant dropped, and then I said "Thank you for flying with unsafe airlines!", I got that from a friend at high school who used to always say it, he said he got it from a TV show, if you would care to fill me in on where it came from, I'll give you a custard cream!

In Perfect Dark, you know how you can change your character and the head of it, well, I actually found a head that looked just like Tony Hawk! So naturally, I went as him every match.

We also discovered something else, but before I tell you, after playing Licence-To-Kill-Slappers-Only match and seeing the James Bond kill a Russian soldier in the toilet with a slapper in the film, we created an in-joke about it being the most powerful weapons built by man, well, we found out that when you turn on the hurricane fists cheat, you occasionally see the player doing what looks like a slapper, and we usually put it so that that's the only weapon you get, and it kills people, and we concluded that that was why it was so powerful, the fists just warm the body up, and the slapper finishes him/her off.

So next week is "Wii Week", we'll see how that goes.


The day before my birthday, I ordered a copy of WWE All Stars on the PS2, I got the PS2 version for 2 reasons:
  1. I don't have any of the other console the game's on, I play modern games on the PC.
  2. So I can say "I have WWE All Stars on PS2!".
Having played the Wii and PS3 versions of the game, and really enjoyed them, I had high hopes for this game.

It arrived on Friday, I didn't play it that day though, I was busy moving room. When I finally got to play it the next day, boy was I disappointed, it's by far the laziest port of any game I've ever played, it's flooding with problems, but, somehow, I still enjoyed it, alot! Maybe I'll write a review of it someday.



As well as WWE All Stars, I (finally) ordered another copy of Shenmue 2, as Discs 3 and 4 of the copy I have right now don't work, luckily, with this copy, it did! So I've been playing that!

That's all I have for this weeks retro diary, I will hope to see youse here next week!

Cobra!

No comments:

Post a Comment