Sunday 28 August 2011

Retro Diary - 28/08/11 - "64 bits of raw gaming power!"

Yes folks, it was Atari Jaguar week this week!... *cricket sounds*...

Alright, the Atari Jaguar isn't that bad when playing single player, but they aren't any good multiplayer games, I only have 2 games for the Jaguar, and only 1 is multi-player, it didn't exactly help that I only had 1 controller.

The games we played:
    In the order we played them
  • Tempest 2000
  • Iron Soldier
Tempest 2000 was a blast to play, as always, Iron Soldier, not so much, but we did have a bit of a laugh mocking the whole "64-bit" thing, most of youse will know what I'm talking about, if not, the Jaguar was the first 64-bit console made, and because of that, Atari kept going on and on and on about it, claiming that the Jaguar was the first, and only 64-bit console, even after the Nintendo 64 came out, they still didn't shut up, I'll go into more detail later.

I got the "Rocket Raccoon" collection, which has all of the comics he appeared in priorer to his annihilation comics in 2008, and before it arrived, I kept hearing how Rocket Raccoon was "crap" and the only reason people were saying that was because he was added to the Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 roster instead of another character, forgot which, I think it was Deadpool, saying he was a rip-off and such, even though that's pot calling the kettle black, as Deadpool himself is a rip-off of Deathstroke.

For those who don't know, Rocket Raccoon is a Raccoon (Who'd thought!) Marvel character created in the 1976, and got his own 4 issue mini-series in the 80s, and then returned in 208 as part of "Guardians of the Galaxy".

I was watching Screwattack's Hard News, when Capcom announced the UMvC3 roster, and I heard the name "Rocket Raccoon", and I thought "Hey! He sounds cool!", Then I bought a book of the whole collection, because unlike most people, I was willing to give him a chance.

So I read it, and I really enjoyed them, they're funny, they're action-packed, the character is lovable, and they keep you reading to see how the story unfolds, at least in my opinion.

Apart from that, nothing really happened this week, let's hope next week will have more to offer...

Cobra!

No comments:

Post a Comment