Friday 19 August 2011

Retro Arrivals: Nintendo Gamecube Game Boy Player and Lylat Wars [N64]

Before I start, I can't provide pictures right now because I just moved into my sisters room, and the curtains, wall colour (not wallpaper, it was painted), blinds, etc. are still to be changed, plus I've still to finish off everything else, it's in a bit of a state right now.

Anyway, just yesterday my Gamecube Game Boy Player arrived, brilliant! There's not much to talk about, since most of youse already know about it. I got it for a pretty good price, under £20, it came with the software disc (obviously) with all the stuff in the instructions part (manual, Nintendo club points card, etc.) still there and I got a free game: Spiderman 2 on the Game Boy Advance. what do I think of that? Well, I'll be honest, from what I've played, it's total rubbish, especially in comparison to the console versions.



I got another game, but this time, I ordered it, as in it didn't come free with the Game Boy Player, it's very likely that it would.

That game is Lylat Wars on the Nintendo 64, for the Americans and those who just didn't know, it's what they called Star Fox 64 in Europe due to copyright issues.

First thing I found that, is that the box is MASSIVE, Literally, it's over twice the size of a normal N64 box, I'm not joking, I wish I could show you a photo, but you know why. (read above)

The reason it's so big, is obviously because the game with a rumble pack, but that doesn't even take half the box, they've wasted alot of cardboard, which isn't good for the environment.

But is the game any good? I hear youse ask. Well, yes, it's a great game, but to me, what stops it from being awesome is the fact that you can't save your data, you have to play the entire game in one sitting, but there's only a few levels, so I suppose it isn't that big of a blow, maybe I'll do a record a playthrough and upload it to Youtube, because that's the only way I'm comfortable with doing something like this, is that I'll be recording the achievement. I've done it once before, with Firebugs [PS1], I sat there for an hour and a half strait playing the game, but this game I've heard it only take half an hour to complete, so that's a relief, sort of.

I'm expecting some more stuff to arrive in the mail, including something that will get you Rocket Racoon haters pissed off... I just gave it away, didn't I?

Cobra!

No comments:

Post a Comment